The GBHA House League hockey season runs from September through April. Our enrollment is limited by the amount of ice available to us at George Bell Arena. Register early to avoid disappointment.
All players must register using the online Hockey Canada Registry system. A link to the site is provided.
Please read and understand the information on this page before beginning the registration process.
The GBHA had more than 850 house league players last season. In order to promote participation and fun at every level we have tiered all divisions except for Midget/Juvenile. The GBHA Convenors hold assessment skates at the beginning of the season in order to create fair and balanced teams.
Though we occasionally receive requests for players to play with one another, please understand that such requests make it difficult to balance teams.
Players will be automatically be registered in the correct division according to date of birth. The House League program comprises one game per week during the Game Time slots.
RESPECT IN SPORT - PARENT PROGRAM
MANDATORY FOR ALL PLAYERS IN ONTARIO
One parent from every registered player under 18 will need to complete the online Respect In Sport Parent Program. This is a new directive from the Ontario Hockey League and is being implemented across the GTHL.
Players under 18 will not be allowed to play until the online course has been completed by at least one parent and the information has been successfully linked to their Hockey Canada account.
HOCKEY CANADA REGISTRATION - NEED TO KNOW
• All players must register online using the Hockey Canada Registry.
• No player may be registered in two separate hockey leagues in one season.
• If this is your first hockey registration, you will need to set up an account with a password. You will use this system every year to register players.
• Follow all instructions to add one or more players to the current season.
• Each player will automatically be registered into the correct division according to birth year.
• Please make sure that all fields are completed before moving on to the next page.
• It is imperative that your contact information is current This information will be used to contact you regarding your player.
• Registration is not complete until payment is made in full online with a credit card. If no payment is made your registration will not be processed.
• Please contact our Registrar if you require assistance or would like to pay by cheque/money order/e-transfer or installments.
• Please print off receipts and keep for your records and for tax purposes.
On-line Registration for 2017-2018 season is now open. Please read over division information before proceeding.
DIVISION INFORMATION & FEES 2017-2018 SEASON
Each player will automatically be placed in the appropriate division according to their date of birth.
The link will take you directly to George Bell's Hockey Canada Registration system. Please follow directions and be patient.
After registering, please print off a receipt for your records (and for tax purposes).
Once a player(s) is registered, one parent from each family MUST complete the Respect in Sport Parent Program in order for your player to be eligible to play. The RIS Parent Program link and information is included here.
• Team Jersey & Socks
• One game per week
• Skills Sessions for all divisions (except Midget/Juvenile)
• On-ice insurance, referees & timekeepers
• Team and individual photos
• Year-end awards celebration and swag
• Outdoor practices at High Park rink for all divisions (except Midget/Juvenile)
Players must contact our Registrar to request a refund and un-registration. Please note that each player is only allowed 2 un-registrations per season as per Hockey Canada rules.
• Players who withdraw before June 30 will receive a refund of fees paid less a $25 administration fee.
• Refunds from July 1 through to August 31 will be subject to a $50 Administration Fee.
• Refunds from September 1 through to October 31 will be subject to a $100 Administration Fee.
• No refunds after October 31. Last day for release is November 15.
• Uniforms and equipment must be returned before refunds are considered.
• Fundraising money will not be refunded.
HELP A KID PLAY HOCKEY FUND
Funded by parent, player and team donations, the GBHA Help A Kid Play Hockey Fund (HKPHF) aims to help ease the financial burden of house league hockey fees to a number of George Bell families each year.
Donations to the fund are accepted year round. Each application is reviewed confidentially and aid is given to players and families who meet eligibility requirements. For further information about recieving assistance or donation, please contact our Registrar Rhona Mathewson at firstname.lastname@example.org.