1. I will consider it an honour and a privilege to coach the young people of our community.
2. I will keep in mind at all times that I am a youth sports coach and that the recreational experience is for the children not for the adults.
3. I will use positive coaching methods to make the experience enjoyable for my players, increase their self-esteem and foster in them a true sense of enjoyment of hockey.
4. I will treat all officials with respect and dignity, and instruct my players and their parents to do the same.
5. I will treat opposing coaches and opposing players with respect and dignity and encourage my players and my players’ parents to do the same.
6. I will model grace, dignity, respect and composure regardless of the outcome of the game.
7. I will observe all player participation rules and strive to make each player feel as if he/she is a valuable member of the team regardless of any physical or developmental limitations he/she may have.
8. I will teach the principles of fair play and sportsmanship to my players and model these principles for them at all times.
9. I will strive to learn the rules of the game and of our association, I will abide by those rules, and I will teach those rules to my players and their parents as best I can.
10. I will encourage safe play at all times and report any unsafe playing conditions to the arena staff and the House League convenors as soon as possible.
11. I will not engage in any manner of personal abuse and harassment of others, whether verbal, physical, emotional or sexual.
12. I will refrain from using any illegal substances or tobacco products, or imbibing alcohol in the presence of my players on arena property.
13. I will not engage in the use of profanity.
14. I will not engage in verbal or physical threats or abuse aimed at any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
15. I will not initiate nor engage in any fight or scuffle with any coach, parent, player, participant, official or any other attendee.
16. I will report any conduct that violates this code or adversely affects the positive, kid-friendly environment of the George Bell Hockey Association.