COMPETITIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (CDP)
More Skill Development. More Fun! More Games. More Fun! More Ice Time during Games. More Fun!
The Competitive Development Program gives our players the opportunity to be involved in a more intensive hockey experience. Enough teams will be created to provide a spot for everyone wanting to play.
Players in the CDP will participate in one or two practices per week and will typically play one game a week against other CDP teams from neighboring hockey associations (approximately 20-25 games per season). In addition CDP teams may participate in tournaments or festivals throughout the season.
There are additional costs to playing on a CDP team. CDP games will begin in October after Thanksgiving and will not be scheduled over holidays or during the public school system March Break.
Competitive Development Program games will follow Hockey Canada's Player
Development model as outlined below:
- Players of all skill levels are welcome.
- Players will be tiered so they are playing against other players of similar ability.
- Rosters of 18 players (16 skaters, 2 goalies.) Shift on/Shift off.
- Line changes - 2 minute buzzers, no stoppage.
- During game play teams will be divided into two squads of 9 players (8 skaters, 1 goalie.)
- Two games will be played simultaneously in a 4-on-4 format (plus goalies.)
- U7 Games will be played in a cross-ice format.
- U8 Games will be played in a half-ice format.
- U9 Games will be played in a 3/4 ice format which will change to full-ice after January 15.