COMPETITIVE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (CDP)
More Skill Development. More Fun! More Games. More Fun! More Ice Time during Games. More Fun!
The Competitive Development Program gives our players the opportunity to be involved in a more intensive hockey experience. The teams are tiered so players play against players of similar ability.
Players in the CDP will participate in one or two practices per week and will typically play one game a week against other CDP teams from neighboring hockey associations (approximately 20-25 games per season). In addition CDP teams may participate in tournaments or festivals throughout the season.
There are additional costs to playing on a CDP team. CDP games will begin in October after Thanksgiving and will not be scheduled over holidays or during the public school system March Break.
Competitive Development Program games will follow Hockey Canada's Player
Development model as outlined below:
- Rosters of 18 players (16 skaters, 2 goalies). Shift on/Shift off.
- Line changes - 2 minute buzzers, no stoppage.
- Players of all skill level are welcome. Players will be tiered on a tryout basis.
- During game play teams will be divided into two squads of 9 players (8 skaters, 1 goalie).
- Two games will be played simultaneously in a 4-on-4 format (plus goalies).
- U7 Games will be played in a cross-ice format.
- U8 Games will be played in a half-ice format.
- U9 Games will be played in a half-ice format and will change to full-ice after January 15.
- 44 minute games consisting of two 22 minute run-time periods.